Monday, April 27, 2009

i think im falling sick soon. I've been having this annoying sleepy pangs happening. But i do get sufficient sleep every night.

Air con has been on every night since the fan broke down. I seriously prefer fan then aircon the whole night. Aircon should be used to cool the room only! I need the circulation more than the cold air.

Anyway, the house's internet is FINALLY fixed. Had to ask the technician down and reset the bloody modem. 9am somemore. Disturb my beauty sleep. MSN at night. wo lai le!

Been extremely uneventful. I want to explore vietnam the proper way. But it has been 3weeks here. I know theres more to vietnam, but seriously, im bored of this city. Its not even like a city in the first place. gosh. I miss roads dominated by cars.

Anyway, call me the road crossing pro. I'm proud of it. haha.

Knowing im only 150km away from the border to China, I want to head over to China! grrrr.

Im still puzzled by the fact that the fare difference between SIA and Vietnam Airlines for a return ticket to Hanoi from Singapore is only $50. How can VN charge $550 to Hanoi when SIA only charges $600?

Weird.

Smaller plane, no personal entertainment, suckier food and lousy english speaking flight attendants, i really don't get it.

Anyway, been big drops in temperatures lately here in Hanoi. 3 days ago it was at about 38degrees. 2days ago it dropped to 20-24, Today is about 25. Cooling, but the sun is still a merciless killer.

6 weeks more before i can leave this place! I surely won't miss it. Singapore pwns Hanoi any time on any day. this week theres gonna be a 4 day long holiday. A much needed one. Been working on a 6day work week for the past 3 weeks. Haven't got a chance to visit, or even rest as a matter of fact.

I will take pictures. I want to TRY to capture Hanoi in its most simplified state, the hustle of the city, the freakishly polluted air and the really non-scenic lakes.

I will make do if the camera i brought. Its not that bad, but olympus should really get a life and change their team. Not only are the cameras ugly, its definitely NOT even comparable with other brands.

Hope it proves me wrong this weekend when im out visiting.

And i have a non-local look! YEAH. Vietnamese can immediately identify me as a foreigner. I like that. Singaporean got status one okay. Mai siao siao.

To vietnamese,

Soup = water
Gravy = Soup

I got nothing to say...
Tried most of the food this country is famous for.

Pho bor, mee sau, bun cha, that rice roll thing, larvae, mien chok(?). Nothing much! But damn, its really really really delicious.

Still waiting for this country to surprise me.

Will post again once i have pictures! Definitely a looker i promise. no more act arty farty slanted shots. The camera xiaxue posted on her website thats black in colour was once a camera i really liked. Tried to get my brother to buy it as a replacement but nahhh.

thats damn nice.

2 comments:

  1. for a blog with no comments, you got hell lot of an attitude =) -seb

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw it'll be nice if you can get a container.. and have a mental list of fresh vietnamese dishses u want to bring back on the very last day =)

    ReplyDelete